identity creation in progress

Thursday, September 14, 2006

life...


oH just realised I forgot the "Thank u my friend" section for the past 2 posts! hee. it's okay, ill make up for it. Today's post will end with 2 of it!

There was a moment today where my mind was filled ..really filled with thoughts of the meaning of life... (V. Mahinda's talk topic! ) I looked around at the people in the bus.. almost everyone was frowning, thinking, stoning etc. No one..totally no one was looking relax or smiling. Even those with friends, were either complaining or groaning about how bad work was. Maybe it was such my luck I din see a positive scene. But, it struck me at that moment.

Although Ive always thought about this, about why we are here as humans, what "mission" do we have to complete, or just where should we head to... today at that moment in the bus just struck me again. I thought about what buddhism teaches, or even about what different religions n schs of thought teaches. Their views of how life is derived and how it should be led. SUddenly, nothing satisfied my doubt.

I thought about how I or anyone could just die any moment. Not everyone is fortunate enough to live till 60 or so... I wondered what will happen when I die....maybe in the next few days. What would be my regrets.. where will I go.. Will I even be somewhere to see my loved ones mourn? OMG. We really take things for granted at times huh. We think we will be still around 20 yrs later, complaining about the government, complaining about our children, looking forward to retirement etc. How come each moment is about the next?

If uve caught "Click"...u ll understand the meaning behind the story... We really need to learn to live in the present..be it good, or bad.. be it painful or pleasure... live it the way it is.

Sorry I sound pretty "duh" and strange today. It's just these thoughts that refuse to get out of my mind. and no matter how much I convince myself with different sch of thoughts, I know I will only understand when the time comes. So..for now, let's be thankful we are alive. Treasure each day as if it's the last. Be nice to everyone , esp ur loved one..as if it's the last time ull be together. U won't regret, Im sure.

to u sweeties reading my blog now... although I dunno exactly who is reading, I just wanna say thanks... I believe we met for a reason, I believe in fate, so Im glad I know u....

with metta...


Thank u my friend (3)....

I met u years ago...during sec. sch... and exactly where?... tuition! haa. We din really talk much cos u were pretty quiet le. but was quite a coincidence that we live nearby. Even though we were always in different schs, n we don't really hang out much, but I enjoyed the "talks" sessions at nights. Come to think of it, it's quite amazing how we could still meet up once a while during different phases of life. Thru sec sch, JCs, n more. Though it was only tru these fun chats I got to know more of u, I must say uve been a great friend. Listenin to my probs esp.! I s€ure hope this friendship will last , and all the best in whatever u are doing now...

Thank u my friend (4)....

We both got into bF "tru" Ajahn Brahm... his talks n somehow I believe karma brought us here. It's quite amusing how we are "related" when u told me about ur sis. Never thought I wd know someone related to an ex- schmate! As I got to talk to u more, I realised how great a friend u are. I admire ur patience and ur caring attitude to every friend of urs. Oh yes, n thanks for ur little sexy can-opener present... a very memorable birthday I had. =) May our friendship last aloooong time.. more than 1 life-time! =>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home