identity creation in progress

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

inTeresT deFicIt.....n FrIEndS....


okay..im realli liking this new blog. haa =) it's so fun..think ill be addicted to blogging soon. hmm. den again I doubt so. I get bored of things easily remember? always suspected I have an attention deficit prob, my interest span is like this "-" short. compared to normal "------------".

rememeber how my mum always sigh about my short interest span in learning stuff. she will never forget to mention how I tried to learn organ..(as in the music instrument)...took up for 3 grades..then decided I wanted to learn violin instead. So I did..but it was another 3 grades before I decided I probably had no music talent in me or watsoever. Gave up in the end. Haa.

It applies to other stuff..like learning japanese...(I took up a course...nv continued...for some reason I can't rememeber.. :P ).... took up a Yoga course..(yawned n fell asleep too many times during class that I felt I was wasting money..) ...went for line-dancing class with my mum... (we kinda cdn't catch the turning ard n round n round steps... n I started yawning too often in class...)

haa.come to think of it..im horrible!! hmm..dunno what's wrong with me then. Even since pri sch...I have to play different games every few days... first it was catching...then I will change to "Pepsi-cola" (haf u guys played that b4??) ...then hop-scotch...then 5stones...then 1-leg catching..then zero-point... haa. I seemed to always be the one who made everyone changed games every.... 3 days? so mean of me huh. haa. manz. thinking of pri sch days...makes me jealous now. Sounds cliche but how I wish I could turn back time!

oh well, enough about me being interest-deficit...the pri sch stuff reminded me about how everything seemed so innocent when u are young. friendships were pure, no politics.. n how care-free we were! It's always nice to reminisce those good old days isn't it?

think I really wanna emphasie on how hard it is to actually find true friendship in this complicated world. So many times, we experience superficial friendship, "friends" with motives, "friends" that run away when u are in need, "friends" that play politics, "friends" that spread rumours about u, "friends" that never stood up for u when u are challenged, "friends" that always made u feel inadequate.....so many of such "friends" Im sure most of us have met. It hurts real deep when we discover the real side of them, doesn't it?

Well, then think about the great friends u have..the friends who stood by you truout ur tough times, friends that call u up to offer help when they know you do, friends that listen with no judgement, friends that accept u for who u are, friends that make you feel good just by being who u r...etc. LOads n loads of them? well, if u do have many of such wonderful friends, u are real lucky. Because in life, not all of us have the fortune to have met so many true friends.

Often, it's during the toughest days that you finally see who ur true friends are. Most ppl agree. It's true. When u find out who your real friends are, do treasure them. They need not be friends that uve known for years, nor friends that sacrifice many things for u. Care n concern with sincerity are probably enough. Think about such friends of urs and be thankful uve met them.

As Ive promised, Ill try to end my posts with a section that I will describe a friend, someone that I appreciate a lot, a friend I wanna thank, for just being who they are. Each posts will be a diff friend..so Im sure most of u will be starred! haa.

Thank you my friend (1)....
Although I don't know you for long, and I don't know u that well, you are one of the very few that can probably understand what Ive been going through. It's a strange and unique friendship, built on shared problems n obstacles. U are someone I can tell my difficulties without worrying whether u understood. Whether u will leave me after knowing my secrets. It always amuses me how alike yet how different we are. U are intellectual, while Im certainly nowhere near there. haa, u are artistic, and Im not! U are frank and I always trust u to make honest comments. Despite our differences in characters, we were so similiar in our problems. Now, u are a great encouragement to me! Im thankful for having met u.

with metta.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home