identity creation in progress

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

back but wanna go back.






back in Singapore.. .. .. *sigh*
just wondering what the dek-dek (children in thai) are doing now.. I miss everybody at the orhpanage... the friendly vendors in the markets..the boss of the mini mart.. the happening lady frm the coffeeshop... the owners of the harleys dav. that got me burnt... the ladies who did my first pedicure.. heh.








oh yea..the lady who does massages...at her house.. she's damn good ... n where else can u get a 2hr massage for 200baht? that's bout S$9! (the rate in Bangkok... 1hr- least 200baht...or cheapest prob 180 baht..n they suck..)

my last few days were actually kinda happening... so bear with me while I prob gonna blog bout them for another few more posts.. not to worry.. more pics of the beautiful kids coming up too!

sunday... my last day at Ban Tharn Nam Chai (the name of the orphange in case u are wondering..).. was filled with a hint of disappointment...after a huge wave of excitement..

this is why...
apparently... a group (supposingly bout 70) was gonna visit the place.. so the children n the staff spent the entire morning dressing some of the girls up for their traditional dance which was planned to be performed.
Makeshift tables were set up to display goodies to sell for fund-raising.. snacks and drinks were prepared to cater for the huge group...
it was treated as a huge thing.. even the children and people from the nearby village (ITV) came over.. well... because the time the group was coming wasnt confirmed..so they waited.. n waited... it started to rain.. (what's new..) ... then it was 2pm... n 3pm... they had the feeling it wasnt gonna happen. the guests aint coming. the girls washed up. changed from the costumes to clothes. (btw..the whole dressing up n make up took more than 2 hours.)

I was told this aint the first time..and prob not gonna be the last time. I was kinda annoyed, on behalf of them.. that the guests just didn turn up without notice. Honestly, I think most people I know here would be really pissed off, grumble n complain about it. and they prob will never forgive the guests.

But... everyone there was fine. though I could sense the disappointment and the hint of upset.. they didnt really display it. they moved on. I really admire them.. I wished more people could be like them.. not just forgiving others..but more like the kind and understanding attitude.

it prob lies in their culture. compassion.. that's smtg I respect.

till the next post bout my last 2 days in phuket town! =)
with metta.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home