identity creation in progress

Thursday, December 11, 2008

rest in peace dear champ..

Day 4, 5, 6

arrived in Takuapa, where the orphanage is located at.
was really good to see the children and the staff again. in fact, am glad to see all the familiar faces of this town..
the orphanage's new extension is due in a week or two, so the kids will have a much bigger place to play and sleep in! the opening's in january, that will be sooo exciting!

as mentioned in my last post, Champ, a 19year old staff of the orphanage died last friday in a bike accident. I felt so heartbroken when I heard the news. He was a very sweet guy who drove the kids around, played with them and helped with the puppet shows that the orphanage do. Each time I come over, he's the one who drives me to get groceries for donation.
He was quiet but had a charming smile. I still remember he brought me and a friend to play pool just last month when I was here. but now..he's gone,and he's only 19.rest in peace my dear friend.

Everyone's been very busy with his funeral lately, which was held @ a temple. Today was the cremation.. and it's really heart breaking to see the children cry. Losing someone to death probably might not be new to some of them, since they lost their families in the tsunami. It's just sad to see them having to lose another.

Well, right after, everyone headed back to the orphanage and life is slowly getting back to normal. Everyone's trying to move on.. as much as that is happening, Champ will always be in our hearts...

Ive rented a one-room apartment near the orphanage which is really cool. it's like a one room flat in spore. and guess how much is the rent? about S$100! haa. yup. for an entire month.
figured it's much cheaper than staying in some hotel (it's rare here anyway).
gotta do some cleaning this week.

Im missing a good beach though. so think I ll drop by Phuket next week. My skin is itching for a tan! n maybe a jog @ the beach. Working out is probably one the big things I m so missing. It's hard to run here.. n defnitely no access to any pool.. haa. but still, im enjoying =)

take care all, will update soon.
sabaai dee na.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home